During this weekend I have managed to do quite a bit of work :) I am actually quite happy with the amount of code I have done. First of all, I changes my map from integer to char array.. Not a big change but it helps me. Then I tweaked the Log system. It now cuts the sentences "right", meaning that if cuts them from whitespace, not in middle of word for example.
Creatures got races and bodyparts (slots) . So now I am able to write more complex combat code ( in the future ). I also added two new places to starting town. Graveyard which is full of zombies and skeletons and a playingground which is full of.. umm fruits. Both are questareas for first quests to help player to get to know the game.
While implementing those new areas, I also implemented random forest generator so that i wouldnt have to put all the trees to map by hand.
I have also wondered about skill and magic presentation and alternative ways of Hitpoints and spellpoints. Ill write more of my thoughts about these on the next post.